Our Past and Present
1826: The first meeting house was erected.
1886: After several years of the first meeting house being shared with people from many denominations, the Second Congregational Church group was organized due to those affected by issues during the Civil War and many community changes.
1906: The present church building was erected and dedicated on June 20, 1906.
1950’s: The church fellowship hall, offices and conference rooms were added.
1971: The Old Man Of The Mountain weathervane was a gift to the church from Mr. Arthur E. Kenison, Jr. in memory of his mother and was affixed to the steeple.
1990’s: Significant renovations and repairs were made to the building.
2019: The Brown Church is an historical icon in the community and continues to be the hub of many activities in the Village of Conway.